Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: DC Shoes - rambling

  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    DC Shoes - rambling

    Since I work with the DC brand... I have a pet peeve and it's about to drive me crazy, so I want to set the record straight.

    DC Shoes is not owned by Rob Dyrdek, nor does it stand for Dyrdek Company. It is NOT owned by Ken Block, he is just sponsored, and has a lot of say-so in the company.
    In reality, DC Shoes is owned by Quicksilver!

    Gah.... I just had to to vent... I can't say that to customers, because the customers are always right. I'm just so sick of hearing people come in and go "you know who's company that is, right?, its Rob Dyrdeks"... blah blah blah blah blah

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DC Shoes - rambling

    DC shoes outdate drydek's fame by what, 20 years?
    i feel old now, DC shoes first came about when i was young.

    quiksilver hasnt always owned them, have they?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DC Shoes - rambling

    No, Quicksilver hasn't always owned them. It used to stand for like Droors City Footwear. They sold out to Defunct, so it just became "DC Shoes".
    It just gets really old and annoying hearing all this stuff.

    I'll even go 1 step farther... kids/teenagers/young adults come in and wanna get into MMA. I usually tell 3-4 a week, "these aren't MMA games, these are a form of hand wraps to wear under boxing gloves" haha... then I came across a picture, of a few local people "sparring"... they guy had on the hand wrap gloves and using them as MMA. What an idiot. lol

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DC Shoes - rambling

    Yeah it was Droors City, but it really doesn't stand for anything now since Quicksilver bought them in 03' I think? I remember them when I was little, it was mid-90's, they were fairly new..within a year or too. Rob just is sponsored, along with a few others in that DC Skate vid around that time I think too...but Ken Block is some "Chief brand" something, still is a co-founder, so he has a lot of say I'd guess. Hook us up with some shoes steer! lol

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DC Shoes - rambling

    They didnt get big here until like 95-96, we are usually three or four years behind the left coast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •